Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Things I've wondered about.....;
04-17-2014, 11:02 PM
Things I've wondered about.....;
In the Getty sword in one hand section, the 3 players say they will attack with a blow, a thrust and a thrown sword. All are left foot forward. However, in most of the plays they still have the left leg leading. Why? An attack with an accressere? Or is the remedy done as a pre-emptive action? Seems odd. Then the first play of stretto. It looks like the player has bound over the scholar's sword and the scholar in response has entered by making a passare with the left foot while passing his left hand over his sword to grasp the player's hilt. If the scholar attacked with a fendente roverso and the player beat his sword to the side with a rising false edge sotano from e.g. Chingiale, the scholar's response looks like what is shown. Ok, it seems risky but doable. We however practice this play like the continuation from scambiare di punta, where the scholar's sword is clearly on top of the player's sword. This is a largo play somehow transmuted into a stretto one. Ok, they are different responses to different actions on the blade but it puzzles me. How does it look in the PD and other treatises?

Ní bheidh mo leithéid arís ann.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply