The Rapier Footwork Form
The Rapier Footwork form contains all of the main footwork actions we find in Gran Simulacro. It breaks down into two parts.
- Part One:
2) Step, slip the leg. Plate 8
3) Step back, extension; step back, strike with the fixed foot; step back, lunge with two passes forwards. Capoferro's mezo tempo, full tempo, tempo and a half.
4) Scanso del pie dritto. Plate 17: Scanso del pie dritto.
- Part Two:
1) Step, pass left, recover forwards. Plate 11
2) Step, pass forwards, recover forwards. scannatura. Plate 13: Scannatura.
3) Step, pass forwards, recover backwards. Plate 18.
4) Step, scanso della vita. Plate 19: Scanso della vita.
This form was developed over many months in class, with input from at least a dozen different people, most notably Tanda Tuovinen, Janne Högdahl, Zoë Chandler, Henry Vilhunen, Henri Vesala, and Guy Windsor.