Wrist and Forearm Exercises
- Stick exercises:
1. open-close: hold stick horizontally by the middle in both hands at arms length; open and close hands grabbing further out each time, and back to the middle.
2. alternating open close: hold stick horizontally by the middle in both hands, one palm up, one palm down, at arms length; open and close hands grabbing further out each time, turning palm up or down; and back to the middle same way.
3. feed stick: hold it by middle with hand down by hip; feed stick back intil holding the end, swing it through and repeat. 10 times each hand.
4. prima-quarta: hold stick by one end with hand down by hip: lift to prima, down through seconda, into chest and extend to quarta, and back the same way to prima. Repeat 10 times each hand.
5. stick turning squats: spin stick above head, follow it down to complete turning squat; reverse stick, rise and squat other way, repeat.
- Weight exercises (with 1-5kg weights):
1. Wrist rolls: palm up, into the chest, out palm down, repeat.
2. Wrist turns: thumb up, thumb in, repeat
3. roll-up roll-down. Weight on a string attached to a stick; elbows locked into body, forearms horizontal. Roll weight up and down, both ways (so rolling palm forward, or back of the hand back)
4. wings: weights together behind back; lift slowly until weights touch above head, return slowly to behind back.
5. small wings: open stance, lean forwards until back straight but horizontal. Arms out straight to the sides; bring weights together beneath chest, open out as high as you can, repeat.
6. longa: posta longa unarmed, weight in each hand: volta stabile each side, slowly.